Perfect peace and privacy at the end of a short town maintained road, a true nature paradise.
Small stores only a few miles away, grammar school in town. Far off the beaten path, but still central to larger towns and cities.
Most neighboring properties have large acreage as well, with lots of trails throughout.
There is a large equipment building, approx. 70 x 25, a small old shed (in excellent repair) for small equipment and a former small sugar shack for garden tools.
- The home was built in 1975 and ever since taken care of lovingly. Vinyl siding for maintenance free beauty.
- It is a cozy and warm house with a very appealing and practical floor plan. mostly hardwood floors, some laminate , baseboard hot water heating, 2 wood stoves.
- Large mudroom for all the barn clothes.
- Beautiful screened in porch with view of horse barn, fields and lovely perennial gardens.
- attached 1 car garage, more space in the equipment shed.
- Large standby generator for the whole house plus barn.
- Drilled well with new pump, also 2 gravity wells with feed to the barn.
- 2 septic systems.
- Photos of the interior upon request, can only upload 30.
- The lot is 210 acres, with a good sized brook running through it. About 35 open acres in pasture. 140 acres are on one side of the brook, and approx. 5 miles of trails are running through it, 3 miles of which are suitable for carriage driving.
- The woodland is being cared for by a forester. Lots of mature pine and maple.
Horse Facility Features
- The 6 stall horse barn is 36 x 72', with a 10' overhang on the SE side. Built on a concrete foundation, with Comfort stall system in the stalls and soft rubber mats in overhang. All wood in stalls is oak.
- Large heated tack room, feed room and workshop with washing machine. Hayloft has conveyor system and holds 1500 bales.
- Hot and cold water just outside the barn with frost free hydrants for washing horses.
- The indoor arena is 70 x 200, wooden trusses for 100 lbs snow load/sqft, on concrete foundation. Shingle roof. Excellent and dust free rubber and sand footing.
- Beautifully created and maintained trails for riding, driving, hiking and skiing on the property and neighboring properties as well.
- This property was created for the maximum well being and happiness of the horses. It allows them to just be horses, to live in a herd and have lots of freedom and room to run, but also to have a safe space to come back to any time they want to, to get out of the weather or away from the bugs. At the same time, it is very easy to take care of and keep clean.
- 18 miles
- 18 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
529 Gov Wentworth Grant Rd, Peacham, Caledonia County, Vermont