This beautiful property is located 20 minutes from Aiken - the equine center of South Carolina, and Hitchcock Woods (a 2000 acre equestrian park with 70 miles of trails). Approximately 90 acres of pasture, woodlands, and horse trails with a custom log home. 916 square feet of outdoor decks and living space. Relax on the front porch overlooking your horses in two five acre pastures on either side of the drive, or lounge on the back deck around a beautiful gunite salt water pool. Large barn with hay storage, 2 stalls, run in area, and shop. Orchard, fenced garden. Newly landscaped. You can ride from your back door on miles of local trails. Your horses will enjoy grass pastures eight months of the year.
Additional acreage available.
- Wood and tile floors through out the house.
- First floor features a floor to ceiling stone, gas fireplace in the living area which opens to dining and kitchen areas, and enclosed pantry/ laundry room is off the kitchen. Also on first floor are the master bedroom and bath, powder room and office.
- Complete kitchen remodel - custom cabinets, granite counter tops, Grohe fixtures, stone farmhouse sink and stainless prep sink, 6 burner duel fuel Decor range, 42" GE Profile refrigerator, GE Profile ice maker, Bosch dishwasher.
- Pantry/ Laundry with custom cabinets and Bosch washer and dryer.
- Noritz Tankless Water Heater
- Kinetico Whole House Filter
- All new Pella windows and doors with retractable hidden screens. Triple pane sliding doors with hideaway screens, and Pella front and back doors with Phantom screens.
- All bathrooms feature leathered granite counters, one piece high efficiency toilets,
- Powder room has a custom mahogany vanity with stone vessel sink.
- First floor master suite: Sliding doors open to back deck. Custom closet by California Closets. Master bath has large walk in shower with frameless enclosure, hand held shower head and rain shower. Large custom vanity with duel sinks, 72 inch pedestal tub, toilet area is enclosed in its own space with Porcher Electronic bidet seat with heated, soft close seat. Radiant in floor heat in master bath.
- Upstairs features a large lounge/TV area, two large bedrooms each with full baths. One bath is en suite. One bedroom features sliding glass doors opening onto second floor balcony.
- 2013 Amana Split System Heat Pump installed.
- Extended back deck with Fiberon composite decking, Sunsetter motorized, retractable awning.
- Charming stone pool house for entertaining, tile floors and prepped for half bath.
- Newly landscaped with sprinkler system. Large mature trees, small fish pond with waterfall in front yard. Orchard with peach, pear, apple trees. Large raised bed fenced garden.
- Long driveway gives you plenty of privacy. Two 5 acre pastures on either side of drive. Two additional open areas could be fenced for more pasture if desired.
- Very private and peaceful setting. Mix of woods and pastures. Wildlife abound on property - deer and wild turkey have been hunted from property. Hundreds of chestnut trees planted for wild life along with various fruit trees.
Horse Facility Features
- Large barn with hay storage, work shop, and two stalls. Room to add more stalls if desired. Large run in area and paddock connected to the barn. Two pastures provide grass eight months of the year. Both have run in areas and large trees for horses to find shelter. Water running to each pasture.
- Orchard area could easily be fenced for more pasture.
- Trails intersect the property and there is plenty of riding out the back door. Circular drive provides easy access for horse trailers and plenty of parking space on the property.
- Close to eventing venues, polo, dressage, cutting and sorting shows. Four hunt clubs in the area.
- Aiken is truly the horse capital of the South East with several horse events each weekend and top notch trainers for any venue be it English or Western. Hitchcock woods is located 20 minutes away with 2000 acres of land and 70 miles of horse trails.
- 11 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
148 Derrick Rd, Johnston, Edgefield County, South Carolina