When you dream of equestrian properties in Aiken’s Horse District, this is the one! Privately situated on the historic clay roads with easy access to Hitchcock Woods, Fox Hall was organically operated for 19 years. The fabulous estate boasts a two-story 6,836 sq. ft. brick manor house, 4-stall barn, newly sided guest house, 5.43 acres, 5 board fenced paddocks & run-in sheds. The home features refinished hardwood & marble floors, fireplaces, 2 master suites, formal living & dining rooms, a commercial kitchen, paneled library, a newly-renovated upstairs master bath, a 900-square-foot hardiplank art studio,climate controlled attic storage & a two-car garage with space above that could be used as an apartment. A stunning 4-stall custom brick barn features cupolas, wash stall, climate-controlled tack room, feed room, hayloft, pave safe aisles, and beautiful custom ironwork. One of a kind.
Watch the video
- Originally built in 1975, the 6,836-square-foot brick manor house was renovated in 1999 and updated in 2018. The three-bedroom home is freshly painted inside and has refinished hardwood and marble floors throughout. There are two master suites (one downstairs), formal living and dining rooms, paneled library with fireplace and a newly-renovated upstairs master bath with granite, split sinks, a shower, a new soaking tub, and a Toto heated seat toilet with bidet. Climate controlled finished attic storage or child’s playroom. The commercial kitchen has new granite, five ovens, a dual fuel Dacor six burner stove, Subzero double refrigerator, two dishwashers, a wine fridge, and a trash compactor. Other features include two sets of washers and dryers, wood burning and gas fireplaces, and a two-car garage with additional space above that could be used as an apartment.
- Added to the manor house is a two-story 900-square-foot hardiplank art studio that was built in 2012. The studio features Hickory heated floors, carpeted walls for no-damage picture hanging, disappearing stairs, and a lift device to the second floor.
- There is also a lovely recently sided guest house with a separate entrance.
- The property’s other features include:
- Five zone HVAC system
- New full bathroom downstairs
- Tankless gas water heaters
- Whole house and barn generators
- Newer roof, insulated attic, and double pane windows
- Whole house water filtration system and UV light system in ductwork
- The 5.43 Acre property has:
- No climb wire with top board irrigated paddocks with run in sheds
- Brick patio and raised flower beds with bottom draining platform and organic compost
- Jasmine-covered gazebo with seating
- Mature landscaping including fruit and nut trees
- 2 RV hook ups
- 1102 square foot one bedroom guest house built in 1962 has new wood siding w/Tyvec insulation
Horse Facility Features
- There is also a fabulous newer 4-stall custom brick barn with cupolas, wash stall with heat lamps, fans and side drains, and stunning handmade ironwork throughout. Each 12 X 12 stall has mattress floors, fans, high ceilings, and back doors for added ventilation. The paneled climate-controlled tack room has a rolling island, a half bath, and extra storage above. The barn also features a large wood-paneled feed/storage room, a hayloft, and pavesafe aisles
- 4 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
550 Mead Ave, Aiken, Aiken County, South Carolina