Turning off the quiet neighborhood street, you check the directions, the crushed stone drive is clearly not a street, the only houses in sight are those disappearing in your rear-view mirror. The land rises to your right, classic deep granite boulders protruding from the wooded hillside; to the left, beginnings of a cultivated field.Emerging from a gradual tree line the home comes into view; overlooking pasture, pond and barn. Cobblestones outline the driveway approaching the twin garages, the walkways bring you to the stone stairs and up to the covered porch. The exterior is in a shade of green that speaks of harmony and stability. Your first thought:"This house is truly special". Let’s go inside.The floor plan creates a wonderful entertaining space while still allowing a variety of places to find oasis. Like sailing vessels from the past, the details expressed in wood, glass and stone command your attention. The kitchen boasts new granite counters that have such a light shade, they seem to float above the oak and other woods used throughout the house.The baths,(3 ½)have been remodeled in stone, ceramic and glass.The master en-suite boasts a large walk-in closet. Additional rooms include a den,living room w/wood burning fireplace and an office. Laundry area is on the first floor. Front foyer is roomy and inviting.29.29 Acres,2 small ponds, 2 stall barn w/add storage, minutes to downtown, beaches and Rte 95.
- This main level offers a formal living room with a wood-burning fireplace . A den with a wood-burning stove and French doors opening to a back patio. A well appointed office with a built-in bookcase. The recently updated kitchen with solid oakwood cabinets, built-in desk, porcelain farm sink, breakfast bar, large stainless-steel appliances (including a Jenn-Air refrigerator), granite counter tops and tile floor. Large dining space with a chandelier for more formal meals. Also Laundry area w/ storage and new remodeled half bath. Oversized two car garage with access to the basement.
- The second floor spacious master bedroom en-suite with walk-in closet, plus 2 additional storage areas under the eaves, and window seat with storage, as well as a full bath with a marble sink vanity, and glass-enclosed shower. Two additional good-sized bedrooms with plenty of closet space share a luxurious, large, walk-in shower. The fourth bedroom could also be guest quarters, slightly separated from the rest of the second floor the bedroom suite with a built-in desk, double closet, and skylight also includes a large linen closet and porcelain tub with a tiled shower enclosure and glass door.
- This 3,152-square-foot home features 7-to-9-foot ceilings, a central-vacuum system, 200-amp electrical service, underground utilities, central air-conditioning, 330-gallon oil tank, forced-hot-air heating system, well, and septic system.Large clean and dry basement with one partially finished room.
- Privacy, 2 small ponds. mature landscaping, fields , stone outcrops, wildlife yet minutes to Westerly and all amenities. Easy access to highway too.
Horse Facility Features
- 912-square-foot, 2-stall barn with water, electricity and storage areas, as well as a hay loft. Plenty of the property is open field. The wooded section would be wonderful for trail riding,
- 3.5 miles
- 2 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
50 Springbrook Rd, Westerly, Washington County, Rhode Island