Nestled at the foot of the Cascade mountain range right in a temperate rain forest, Schommer Estate encompasses a fabulous paradise constructed by the prestigious builder Schommer & Sons, as well as 54 acres of gorgeous property. Endless possibilities not limited to income generation, wedding destination, timber, horses, and Corbett Cold Spring Water, The Finest in All the Land. Located in the Colombia Gorge Scenic Area. ML# 18239615
Watch the video
- Approach through the automatic gate past seven acres of hay fields up to the home’s impressive, grand entryway constructed entirely of beautiful river rock. Inside of the main house, rustic elegance, premium materials and unparalleled custom finishes, including rare 12” fir wood floors, combine to create inviting interior spaces ideal for peaceful relaxation or hosting a lavish affair. Enter by the custom built, 9’ Hardwood door into the impressive foyer. Gather around the massive Rumford fireplace, built from river rock, in the exquisite living room featuring 20’ ceilings, where many large windows afford the space generous natural light, large wood framed French doors and windows bring the outside in, expanding indoor living in complete harmony with the outdoors.
- Enjoy a masterfully conceptualized kitchen with maple wood cabinets, double sinks, separate bar sink, True brand kegerator and freezer drawers, and premium stainless-steel appliances including a Wolf gas range, adjacent Porthole galley door leading into the walk-in pantry room with fully built-in matching cabinets and countertop, a stainless steel sink and freezer. The lovely adjoining seating area is warmed by a Vermont Castings wood stove and large French doors opening out to a patio.
- Rest peacefully in the magnificently luxurious, main floor master suite with dual walk-in closets, hickory hardwood floors and gorgeous, lofty ceilings, luxurious bathroom with double vanities, slate tiled full size shower with multiple shower heads and seating, private French doors to back patio with heated swimming pool and hot-tub and gazebo. Located on the second floor, each of the additional three bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. Also find, a great utility room with commercial a stainless-steel sink and room for game or fish processing, additional shower, tranquil office, loft, and gym room.
- Ideal for guests or multi-generational living, the second story of the barn is newly remodeled to include one bedroom, one bath, plus a full kitchen, living room, dining room and 2,000 square foot bonus room. Below, five separate bays, a heated workshop, and tons of storage provide the necessary space for boats and toys, and man’s work area with full bathroom, and a converted walk-in freezer to accommodate a property of this size. Two of the five bays in the barn built to be horse stalls, and there could be a riding arena nearby.
- Outside, the options for entertainment are endless. Take a dip in the pristine pool, grill out by the picnic table and fire pit, or unwind in the hot tub. Just beyond, there is a fully stocked trout pond with waterfall and white sand beach as well as a fantastic basketball/tennis court. Also on property are 7 acres of hay fields which owner has a plan for a vineyard, a large garden shed, chicken house, and foundation for a riding arena.
- Overview land and property:
- 54 acres nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range
- Schommer Estate built by award winning builder Schommer & Sons, 81 years well known in great standing Oregon company - 2018 wins national award for Domaine Serene 'Clubhouse’
- Great value property with hard cost more than $5 million and continuously added to the property throughout years
- Excellency is the only standard from design to materials to detail finishes throughout the buildings and landscaping
- Private entrance paved road with automatic gate and fenced entry
- 7 Acre hay field by the entry road would be great for vineyard
- Many fruit trees: Plums, Cherries, Apples, and Pears
- Gardens, chicken house, sport court, garden house, trout fishing pond
- 3 Buildings on the property: Main house, Guest Quarter/Barn, and Garden tool house
- Two domestic water wells with pump
- Two heat pumps for summer cooling, two propane tanks
- 45 KW two automatic transfer switches backup Generator
- Three complete septic systems
- Four Springs captured for irrigation, pond and approved for domestic use
- Timber with professional estimation of value at $500,000 - $600,000
- 54,000 square feet of irrigated lawns and flower beds around buildings
- Original City of Portland street light in outdoor fire pit
- Original University of Portland flag pole in the garden
- Waterfall feature with rainwater fed stocked pond
- Fishing (trout) Pond: 2 springs fill in with circulating pump for keeping fish healthy and water clean. Imported beach sand around pond
- Swimming Pool and oversized hot tub with commercial pool heater – pool can be heated by wood boiler as well
- Covered outdoor kitchen fully equipped with gas cooking & eating tables
- Sport Court with three basketball hoops, tennis net, volleyball net, 10’ fence with full lighting for night use
- Garden on concrete foundation (for garage if desired ), with chicken house on the on the wheels over the garden bed
- Foundation in progress for riding arena
Horse Facility Features
- The barn has five separate bays have 10 foot ceilings in total the bays are over 3,774 square feet. In the barn two of the five bays are built to be horse stalls. Plenty of room to expand for horses if desired. They are connected to a fenced riding area just near the pond. Separately on this estate there is an area that has been leveled and the foundation has been built for a riding arena. This is a few minute walk from the home site through the roads and trails on the property.
- This unique and exclusive property is ideally located only a few miles to the City of Sandy, 45 minutes to Mount Hood Ski Areas, 30 minutes to downtown Portland and 25 minutes to Portland International Airport.
- 9 miles
- 8 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
37573 SE Gordon Creek Rd, Corbett, Multnomah County, Oregon