Huge Price Reduction: Beautiful & storied Sassafras Farm located in the Licklog Valley of the Needmore area in Swain County, NC, just 2 min from the Little Tennessee River.
As you enter your new driveway the setting may take your breath away. This splendid & private 60.88 acres has meticulously groomed pasture land which would be ideal for your horses.
Around the main house are the landscaped gardens, a flowing rock-lined creek, rock-lined springs, open trails & natures amazing forest, all surrounded by the WNC Great Smoky Mountains.
The Main House looks out over 900' of Licklog Creek frontage & a large, lovely pasture. Take a walk west past the garage & storage building on the groomed trail & follow it to the trail-head to view a magnificent hidden waterfall which sits just outside the Sassafras Farm property line.
Follow the rock lined spring & grassland on the eastern side of the property for a nice hike up the mountain behind the main house to the ridge top for a spectacular long range view of the valley & majestic Great Smokies.
Watch the video
- The main house, has a splendid covered porch, a great kitchen w/a large breakfast bar. Off to the side of the kitchen is the Laundry & Pantry.
- The Great Room & Dining area are combined w/beautiful hardwood floors & a wood-burning fireplace. The french doors at each side of the house will take you straight out to the covered porch to enjoy your swing in the hammock or the pasture & creek views.
- Directly off the Great Room you'll find the Guest Bedroom w/private bath.
- The 2nd level is the Loft lounge area & Master Suite w/wood-burning Fireplace, large armoire, large walk-in closet, full bath w/a large skylight drawing the natural light to the room. A doorway from the backside of the Master Suite leads to the backside rock terrace & garden area.
- The Carriage House above the Garage offers private entry to each of the 2 additional Bedrooms w/a shared Bath for your guest accommodations.
- Hi-speed Internet available at the house thru HughesNet with their new G5 network.
- The property features a beautiful large grass Pasture area between the Creek & the roadway. This will provide plenty of room for your horses to roam. The driveway is a well maintained gravel road coming down from the State maintained Licklog Road. The bridge crossing the Creek to the main house & garage is sturdy & will readily support your trucks & horse trailers.
- The forested portions of the property rising up the ridge behind the house are filled with good hardwoods.
- There are 2 natural springs coming from high up the ridge with one flowing down a well scaped bed of river-rock running alongside the house & down into the Creek. The other spring is in its native form and runs from high up the ridge on the west side of the property.
Horse Facility Features
- The property sits in a picturesque valley less than a few minutes away from the Little Tennessee River.
- The pasture land on this property would be perfect for horses with some additions to its infrastructure.
- Good flat grasslands w/900 foot of creek frontage bordering the house & garage area & the 2 natural springs coming down from the ridge top, you should never have to worry about drought conditions.
- The property as it is today has not held horses before to our knowledge so fencing & stables would need to be constructed. Its just a beautiful setting and could be a Horse-Lovers Dream Estate.
- 9 miles
- 9 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
850 Licklog Rd, Bryson City, Swain County, North Carolina