The land was part of the original Wachovia tract settled by Moravians as the Friedland tract in approximately 1772. It is presently owned by Mary Alice Vogler and her brother, James Martin, two of the descendants of the Swaim family. The land has been in their family since the early 1700's. It has been a dairy farm over the years hosting approximately 70 milk cows and 50 calves at any given time. There are a barn, milk barn, tobacco barn, and an implement shed on the northern one-third of the tract.
Watch the video
- Approximately 1,016 feet on Union Cross Road which is a 2-lane paved state-maintained highway.
- Approximately 50 acres is heavily wooded, the balance either pasture or cultivation land. There are three creeks on the property - one in the northern third of the tract with is 2 creeks converging, and the third one in the southwest corner of the tract. The two converging creeks in the northern third of the tract produce approximately 13+/- acres of floodplain whereas the northwest one, approximately 1.9 acres.
Horse Facility Features
- Partial fencing and trails.
- 10 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
Union Cross Rd, Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina