This architect's home is positioned on the north slopes of Ticeteneyck Mountain for the advantage of seeing the extreme panorama view of the high central Catskill Mountain range from Overlook to Mount Tremper. A second smaller two bedroom home is near the entrance gate.
Magnificent, one of the largest parcels ever offered in the Town of Woodstock, near Bearsville. Located above Wilson State Park, the main house and gate house are surrounded by vast recreation lands with several brooks forming the headwaters of the Little Beaverkill and many species of trees and wildlife awaits your enjoyment.
See the aerial video below.
Property website is at:
Visit all of my listings at and conduct your general searches from that platform please. Thank you for your interest.
Sherret E. Chase Associate Real Estate Broker
m. 845.380.2831 o. 518.580.8500
Watch the video
- An architect's dream project includes a half circular home facing the dramatic panorama of the northern Catskill Mountains. This is a unique home encased in cedar shake siding with three tiers of teak decks and balconies. The distant view is seen from the dining room and open gourmet kitchen which has custom cherry cabinets and granite counters with a central downdraft grill in the Viking four burner stove. A majestic three story stone faced fireplace serves as the central pillar of the home. A three level winding maple staircase surrounds it to the third floor meditation nook overlooking the mountain with a private rooftop patio. There is abundant passive solar thru the landscape vista windows looking at the north face of Ticeteneyck Mountain.
- Most of the floors throughout are maple Pergo with terracotta in the kitchen and bathrooms. The heating system is LPGas with hot water radiant in the wooden floors. Though powered by the utility company, the house is designed to remain off-grid indefinitely with solar electric panels with deep cycle batteries, and a ten kilo-Watt Kohler standby generator.
- Two custom designed homes with the guest house at 227 Coldbrook Rd. and the larger panorama view house with wrap around decks at 229 Coldbrook Rd. This listing includes two houses on separate deeds to be sold as one offering. Refer to MLS#20181342 and #20181340 and #20181423 with a combined price of $3,860,000 for the three listings or to be sold together under this listing for $2,999,000.
- Un-surveyed but some records indicate there are over 400 acres in all.
- It was proposed to be a ski area in the 1970's. Other plans considered in the past have included a cellular tower location at the summit of Ticeteneyck to cover the central Catskills and mid-Hudson Valley, and for a municipal wind energy project for the Municipality of Woodstock on the plateau along the top of the mountain. None of these materialized and the property awaits your creativity.
Horse Facility Features
- Though mostly forested mountainside land, there are relatively level terraces interspersed around the property where barns and riding areas can be placed. Many seasonal streams cross the property and there are several areas where small ponds might be constructed.
- 12 miles
- 4 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
229 Cold Brook Rd, Bearsville, Ulster County, New York