Rare opportunity to own a stately brick colonial home on 14.41 sub-dividable acres in the desirable Village of Brookville. The quiet and secluded property surrounded by mature evergreens is in the estate section featuring a regal 6000 square foot 6 bedroom 5.55 bath home with incredible architectural details including custom millwork, hardwood floors and detailed fireplaces, the elegant home restored and renovated with all modern amenities. Close to Manhattan as well as boating, beaches, golf courses and equestrian centers, it is a serene oasis with expansion possibilities.
Watch the video tour #1
- The property is of Henry Upham Harris Jr. whose major financial family formed Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Company and is part of the family’s grand historic estate Gracewood Manor designed by renowned architect Roger Bullard. The property includes two charming tea houses with decorative details and was the site of the famed child’s railroad built for the owner’s son.
- An impressive two story foyer leads to spacious rooms, a living room with fireplace, wood-paneled library/den also with fireplace, formal dining room and second master suite on the ground floor with full bath and walk in closet as well as its own private patio. A bright, open kitchen features Wolf appliances, a wine refrigerator, a large granite island and lovely breakfast area leading out to a patio for outdoor dining. A home office with a kitchenette completes the first floor.
- The second floor luxurious master suite includes his and hers bedrooms, walk in closets, a spa like marble bath with jacuzzi and a sauna. Three additional bedrooms, one with its own terrace and two baths enjoy views over the trees. The expansive property includes a pool with an indoor cabana complete with kitchenette, tennis, a pond and a six car garage. Ready to be enjoyed or transformed into a new vision.
- 14.41 acre lot with trails and detached garages perfect for a barn and stables.
Horse Facility Features
- Can have 1 horse for every 2 acres.
- 5 miles
- 4 miles
- 2.5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
37 Brookville Rd, Glen Head, Nassau County, New York