There are very few large acreage properties of this size with "newer" home construction in our area. Fewer still with this level of privacy and also convenient to Village services.
Please note, one of the owners is a licensed NYS Real Estate Associate Broker. A 3% co-broke is available to another agency. The listing price includes most furnishings in the separate guest cottage.
123 Ac "Deer View" is situated in the Adirondack Foothills Region. It is accessed via a 1/2 mile private driveway with underground power. There are two homes (main house and cottage), 1/2 mile of brook frontage, 4 small pastures, a covered bridge, small pond and miles of woodland trails lined with stone walls.
We are situated 6 miles west of the Village of Malone, appx 11 miles from the northerly boundary of the immense Adirondack Park Preserve and 20 miles from the US/Canadian border.
The main entrance to a large State land preserve (over 12,000 acres) open to equestrian trail riders, is only 5 miles away. Another access point with a 5 mile loop is 3 miles distant. (More details may be found in horse features section). Here one can also mountain bike, swim, hunt & fish.
"Deer View" is ideal as a family compound for horse enthusiasts. All that is needed is a barn and fencing for our property to become a full-fledged horse compound with on-site trail riding. We never got quite that far. This property is made for horses, not just deer & turkeys! That was our dream but work and life got in the way.
OUR STORY: We are down-scaling for our retirement phase of life. "Deer View" took over 20 yrs of sweat equity to become what it is today. We re-claimed the farm & pasture lands from the early 1800's settlement and cleared the abandoned trails & stone walls.
"Deer View" could go even further under the enthusiastic stewardship of new younger owners or as a family effort. We have had a good life here, lots of fun experiences and memories. Our property has kept us in good shape but now we want to experience a life of travel, so it is time to pass the torch! This is a real playground with several additional hobby farm uses. See Lot features below for more details.
The beautiful cottage (second living structure) with private drive is currently utilized by guests as a short term vacation rental. To view more cottage photos it would be best to go to https://www.vrbo.com/1494316?unitId=2053014
The immediate neighborhood is very rural, much surrounding land use is pasture or hay field.
Malone Village is the closest major population center, population is under 6,000. Most essential services can be found here as well as equine supply shopping.
Malone Village is known for its famous Trent Jones designed 36 hole golf course which Babe Ruth once visited. (Of course, Gangster Dutch Shultz also visited the course during his 1935 trial at the Franklin Cty Courthouse in Malone Village). Near this golf course is the Titus Mt. Ski Center with 27 downhill trails.
The area is within 60 -75 minutes of the high peaks Adirondack tourist villages of Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. The Village of Potsdam (site of SUNY) and the Village of Massena are located appx 45 minutes to the west. The largest population center is the City of Plattsburgh (less than 20,000) another SUNY site, within 75 minutes.
For recreational water access, this property is within a 20-30 minute drive from what we feel is some of the best fishing, canoeing and kayaking in the Adirondacks on Deer River Flow and Horseshoe Pond. Other nearby lakes include Mt View and Indian Lake. A little further south brings you to the beautiful NYS Lake Meacham Beach and the Osgood River flow.
If you seek more cultural international traveling, we are within 2 hours driving time to both Montreal and Ottawa and less than 1 hour from Cornwall, Canada.
- MAIN HOUSE: CEDAR SHAKE CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW STYLE BUILT INTO A HILLSIDE, CONSTRUCTED IN 2003, ON FULL BSMT, APPX 1,785 SF ABOVE GRADE AREA, 1,140 SF OF FINISHED BSMT, QUALITY METAL ROOF, GAS HOT AIR HEAT, DRILLED WELL W/HIGH FLOW, 1,000 GAL SEPTIC.
- TOTAL LIVING AREA APPX 2,925 SF., W/COV ENTRY, 2 DECKS, SCRN PCH. HILLSIDE VIEWS OVER BEAVER MEADOW. THE HOUSE IS 48' LONG.
- FIRST FLOOR: CATHEDRAL CEILING GREAT ROOM (KITCHEN, LR, DR, TV NOOK) WITH LARGE CENTER WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE, 14' OF PATIO DOORS & WINDOWS, DECK, 1 BRM W/ SCR PCH, FULL BATH & FOYER.
- FINISH: ALDER WOOD KITCHEN W/ TILE SPLASH, CHERRY FLOORS, STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, CERAMIC TILED SHOWER & BTH FLOORS.
- SECOND FLOOR: LOFT BRM W/ LG WALK-IN CL & ½ BTH
- FINISH: BIRCH FLOORS, TILED BTH
- BSMT: WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FURNACE RM, FULLY FINISHED W/FAMILY OR REC ROOM, LARGE ALCOVE (COULD BE MEDIA ROOM), WET BAR (plumbing in wall), BEDROOM, LG JACUZZI ROOM W/GAS FIREPLACE, FULL BTH & LAUNDRY ROOM. ALL ABOVE GRADE ALONG ENTIRE LENGTH OF 48' W/ PATIO DOORS & LARGE WINDOWS. THIS AREA COULD ALSO BE USED AS AN APT OR MASTER BRM SUITE.
- FINISH: ALL CERAMIC TILE FLOORS, SR WALLS & CEILING.
- DETACHED GARAGE: TWO CAR CEDAR SHAKE 22 X 24 WITH FIN UPSTRS AREA W/FULL BTH POTENTIAL (plumbing not hooked up) AND METAL ROOF.
- OUTBUILDINGS: WOOD SHED, GARDEN SHED , PUMP HSE SHED AND COVERED BRIDGE. METAL ROOFS ON ALL STRUCTURES.
- OTHER: SMALL SPRING FED POND
- COTTAGE: CEDAR SHAKE 816 SF CONSTRUCTED IN 2008 ON SLAB WITH 2 BRMS, 1.5 BTHS, KITCHEN, LR, SCRN PCH, PRIVATE DRIVEWAY, FIELD VIEWS, MONITOR HEAT & EBB, ASPHALT SHINGLE ROOF.
- FINISH: ALL CERAMIC TILE FLOORS, ALDER KITCHEN
- NEWER UPGRADES OVER PAST 5 YRS:
- NEW ROOFS ON ALL BUILDINGS EXCEPT COTTAGE & WD SHED, CEDAR SHAKE SIDING STAINED ON ALL STRUCTURES.
- MAIN HOUSE; REMODELED 1ST FLR SHOWER, NEWER KITCHEN APPLIANCES, NEWER GAS FURNACE ,
- NEWER LEACH FIELD, NEW COVERED BRIDGE.
- As indicated in the Property Overview Intro above:
- Our 123 Ac property is accessed via a 1/2 mile private driveway with underground power. There are two homes (main house and cottage), 1/2 mile of brook frontage, 4 small pastures, a small pond and miles of woodland trails.
- Land is a mix of fields with the majority wooded with second growth including pine plantations. Most of the terrain is rolling. The East Branch of the Little Salmon River runs slowly through a level beaver meadow before picking up speed (there are several deep trout holes in this section) through the woods with small rapids.
- The beaver meadow is a Federal Wetlands designation but cutting and clearing is permitted as long as no soil is removed. This meadow was actually farmed with horses many years ago. Presently there is a small beaver pond upstream. The brook habitat could be further optimized for brook trout.
- Field #1 with surrounding knoll is perfect for another home site and for a large pond.
- Field #2 is perfect for pasture
- Field #3 is perfect for pasture
- Field #4 is perfect for blueberry cultivation or other acid loving crops and can be irrigated from the brook. It could of course be used for additional pasture as well.
- A second drilled well and underground power is in place in "Field #1" for a third home site. As indicated above, this field is also ideal to excavate a sizable pond. (We happen to have design plans for such including a full equipment list (if one wishes to raise fish) and 42 tons of granulated bentonite clay on-site for use as a natural, permanent pond liner).
- A new covered bridge gives access to appx 30 acres on the other side of the brook and Field #4. A photo of the start of this bridge last Fall is in the photo collection. It is now finished.
Horse Facility Features
- On site trail system
- 4 small pastures
- Close to outside trail riding access see below:
- For those interested in extensive trail riding, we are located appx 3 miles from town gravel road access which continues for a round trip of appx 5 miles through NYS lands-- a portion of Deer River State Forest Preserve which consists of over 12,000 acres.
- One can continue due south for an additional 2 miles down another town gravel rd to the main entrance to the major land holdings of the same forest preserve. All main roads are gravel in the Preserve and open to motorized vehicles but the side trails would not be passable for much beyond ATV's and are good for riding.
- For a map of this system see https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/107515.html The closest access point I refer to above is southerly on the Walkerville Rd to the Lamay Rd on east side of map.
- There is dedicated soft trail horse trail system situated further in the Adirondacks within a 30-40 minute drive-- Hayes Brook-- which provides a 6 mile loop.
- 7 miles
- 6 miles
- 2.4 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
65 Dyke Rd, Malone, Franklin County, New York