With Cherry Mountain to the west and Mount Washington to the south, this contemporary 3-bedroom home with a large detached garage enjoys mountain views for every season. Well-designed and meticulously maintained; the house sits on a modest rise, surrounded by mowed fields, a thriving hardwood forest and fronting over 500’ on Mill Stream. The home is surrounded by 15 acres of open fields with the largest being 7 acres but could be expanded to connect with another 3-acre field. The 30’ X 40’ gambrel-roofed garage could be converted to a small horse barn or another option would be to locate a barn on the lower field surrounded by mountain views. Approximately 90 forested acres offers trail-riding opportunity. Exceptional privacy is assured as the property sits on a dead-end road abutting the White Mountain National Forest and Agnew State Forest.
Watch the video
- Constructed in 2000, the 3-bedroom house design was modeled after a recreational lodge with a central peaked roof, wrap-around deck and finished, walk-out basement. There is a total of 2,192 square feet of living space, split almost evenly between the upstairs and downstairs.
- Resilient tile floors cover the kitchen, hallways and bathrooms on both floors. The bedrooms are all comfortably carpeted.
- The upstairs kitchen features modern appliances, red oak cabinetry, a central island with two-stool seating, and a small dining area to one side.
- The downstairs offers a fully finished apartment with a kitchen, appliances, full bath, living area and bedroom.
- Custom-built brick hearths on both levels host woodstoves that supplement the efficient oil-fueled furnace in the basement
- The parcel has consistent, gently sloping terrain with a westerly aspect. The origin of a small brook emanates from the center and flows into Mill Stream. Several fields, mowed periodically by the owner, surround the home site. Once pasture for the working farm that stood near the main road, the fields now provide exceptional wildlife habitat attracting deer, moose, turkey, songbirds and numerous critters, including the occasional black bear. From nearly every corner, the fields offer sweeping views of Cherry Mountain and the Presidential Range. For those equine enthusiasts, these fields are made to order.
- Mill Stream, with its rocky bottom, carves turns along the property’s western boundary, providing a scenic element. The constant sound of rushing water adds to the tranquil setting complemented by grassy opening with a picnic table and fire ring – a great place to view the stars at night!
- There is approximately 90 acres of forest with a mixed species composition of northern hardwoods (maple, birch, beech) interspersed with white pine, balsam fir and red spruce. Thinned commercially about twenty years ago, the forest has responded well to the additional room to grow. Ample opportunity exists for another commercial harvest when the new owner is ready. For now, the forest provides an abundant supply of firewood to heat the home and garage. Trails created during past logging provide a well-established network for year-round recreational activities.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
55 Chambers Rd, Jefferson, Coos County, New Hampshire