This property sits on 10.65 acres, set back from LA Highway 304 for peace and tranquility.
Located in the desirable Chackbay Elementary School District, recognized as being in the top 10% school districts of the USA.
House area 2,662 sqft
Covered porch 676 sqft
Deck 784 sqft
Total area 4,122 sqft
Cottage 394 sqft
Barn 1,932 sqft
Animal Sheds (2) 400 sqft each
- A new wing to the main house was added in 2006, erected to the latest Florida Hurricane Building Standards. At the same time the rest of the main house was upgraded to the same standards. It is elevated on a reinforced concrete foundation and has never flooded.
- All East and South windows are protected by hurricane shutters. The remaining North and West windows are tempered glass. Insulation is blown cellulose.
- The main house is equipped with twin HVAC systems and a self-contained below-ground sewage digester.
- The main house contains 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, an eat-in kitchen, a rustic living room and a stately grand room.
- The eat-in kitchen features Scandinavian solid oak cabinets, granite countertops, upscale stainless steel appliances, a walk-in pantry, an under-counter RO filter and a hot water pre-heater.
- A separate building, the freestanding cottage was built in 2010 and has its own power, water and window air conditioner. It can be used as a mother-in-law suite/apartment/bonus room. Attached to its back is a utility garage.
- There are two pastures in front of the barn.
- Behind the main house is one more large pasture.
- Beyond it lie two more acres of shallow wetlands teeming with crawfish and deer.
Horse Facility Features
- This Horse Property has produced more than two dozen AQHA winners, including a Grand Champion Stallion, in its stately barn, with hayloft and eight livestock stalls.
- In front of the Barn are two split-rail fenced pastures with two animal sheds.
- 3 miles
- 3 miles
- 2 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1394 LA-304, Thibodaux, Lafourche Parish County, Louisiana