Words can't describe this beautiful ranch! This property that was part of the historic Carter-Horne farm. It boasts approximately 100 AC in lush, fenced pasture with the balance, 600+ AC in woods. It is comprised of mountaintops with great views, springs, branches, old homeplaces and a rushing stream flows down off the mountain through the pasture. It offers a special opportunity for the right buyers. This massive tract borders Coosawattee WMA and Carter's Lake and is a refuge for a multitude of deer, bear, bobcat, wild hogs and every other creature Mother Nature blesses us with here in the North Georgia Mountains. Conveniently located, it is within an hour of Atlanta, 40 minutes of Chattanooga, and 20 minutes of Ellijay, GA.
Watch the video
- The updated, 2BR/1BA, 1910 farmhouse with a wall of windows overlooks the 100 acre, lush pasture, the mountains and the awesome 9 RESTORED barns and outbuildings that are ALL PART OF THIS AMAZING HORSE RANCH. Observe the wildlife grazing with your horses every evening and enjoy the peace of the North Georgia mountains on your own special refuge. This is the largest property available in the area and the only property that offers such opportunities.
- 100 AC pasture, 600+ AC wooded with gorgeous views. A rushing stream heads up on the mountain and flows down through the pasture. There are several springs and branches. This amazing ranch boasts a variety of game, deer, bear, wild hog, raccoons and other small game. This property offers unlimited opportunities to create miles and miles of trails for the competitive rider or peaceful experiences for personal pleasure to enjoy the best the North Georgia mountains has to offer.
- 5 minutes to fishing on Carter's Lake and the property adjoins the Coosawattee Wildlife Management Area! This is the ideal property for the outdoor enthusiast. The conservation covenant gives a great tax break to the owner.
Horse Facility Features
- There are 9 outbuildings-
- The largest barn currently has 5 stalls but could accommodate several more, feed room with hay storage in loft.
- There is a 2 stall barn with 2 attached tack rooms, with hay storage in loft.
- The 2nd largest is the hay barn. It holds approx. 195 round rolls of hay. It could be redesigned inside to hold 6-8 stalls.
- There are also a chicken coop w/feed room, a corn crib and a smokehouse.
- There is also a round pen.
- 25 miles
- 11.5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
8620 Old Hwy 411, Chatsworth, Murray County, Georgia