Less than 20 minutes from Downtown Durango, the +/- 25.50 manicured acres of the Brown Ranch are located just south of Bayfield CO in the Pine River Valley. Bayfield, population +/- 2700, hosts a mild four-season climate at +/- 6900 ft. elevation and is 15 minutes from a major hospital and the La Plata County Airport, with direct flights daily to Denver, Dallas/Ft. Worth & Phoenix, with additional summer flights direct to Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston.
- The Brown Equestrian Ranch is the consummate turnkey equestrian based ranch. The property features a custom built +/- 2438 sq. ft. Southwest style home, with open floor plan and a gourmet kitchen complete with travertine tile and granite countertops. The 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath home is positioned for exquisite views of the San Juan Mountains. The most impressive feature is the +/- 1000 sq. ft. indoor/outdoor cabana style patio room that complements the living area of the home, complete with an additional kitchen and a beautiful fireplace. This cabana room will be where you’ll spend most of your time.
- This Southwest masterpiece home features a large oversized (2+ cars) attached garage, and extensively landscaped yard, all positioned for privacy, yet less than a minute to town. A few of the many features include a Sonos wireless sound system, custom blinds, radiant in-floor heat, Pella windows, a fireplace in the family room, and a state of the art security system.
- The turnkey Brown Ranch features a total of 8 outbuildings that could take many years to duplicate and hundreds of thousands of dollars at today’s construction costs. Pipe fencing, including corrals, 2 arenas, 2 paddocks, custom entrance gates, 10,000 sq. ft. indoor arena, 300 x 220 ft. outdoor roping performance area, 150 x 75 cutting/dressage arena, 60 ft. solid round pen, wash rack, electric horse walker and facilities for up to 10 horses and cattle pens. The 1100 sq. ft. shop is insulated and heated. The barn includes a tack room, a feed room and 2 fountains, with 3 additional storage sheds and hooks ups for 3 RV’s. The ranch income provides for RV Storage +/- $8000 and +/- $8000 in hay sales. For unimpeded views of the San Juan’s the utilities are all buried.
- Tired of living where traffic dictates your life? Turnkey equestrian ranch properties comparable to the Brown Ranch are hard to find, especially located in an incredible small town community like Bayfield, Colorado. The ranch is within an hour of Durango Mountain Ski Resort and Wolf Creek Ski Resort, 18 miles to Navajo Lake, 15 miles to Vallicito Lake, 20 minutes to downtown Durango’s 200 restaurants & galleries and minutes to the1.8 million acres of the San Juan National Forest.
- Call today for a qualified showing. Co brokers welcome.
Horse Facility Features
- Brown Equestrian Ranch is fully irrigated and is the perfect size for hay, horse and cattle production, without the extensive work involved of a large ranch. With .5145 shares of the Thompson Epperson Ditch and .147 cubic feet per second of Pine River Irrigation District (PRID), the ranch is well watered with 18 acres in Hay production and another 10+ acres irrigated pasture. Gated pipe irrigation, 3 pumping systems and 3 ponds are included.
- 15 miles
- 20 miles
- 15 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
650 Co Rd 520, Bayfield, La Plata County, Colorado