The 4.88 acres of Golden West Equestrian Center is a profitable & well established boarding, riding & training center. The facility maintains approximately 90 percent plus occupancy. The center boasts a 90’ x 160’ indoor arena, a 160’ x 220’ outdoor arena and a barn that contains 25 indoor stalls (16 with runs). In addition, there are 52 outdoor pens with shelters, two round pens (50’ and 60’), numerous turnouts, hydroponic fodder system, clubhouse and trailer parking. There is also an on-site veterinary clinic. An added bonus is a 164-acre open space park, available for riding, just across the road from the center.
- Operational since 1986, the center has a steady base of clients and maintains about 90% occupancy. Horses are fed twice daily with either quality grass hay, alfalfa, site grown hydroponic fodder, and premium Purina supplements, as directed by horse owners. Stalls, shelters, pens and runs are cleaned daily by staff. The stalls in the barn are all matted and spread with shavings. The indoor and outdoor arenas, along with the round pens are available for all boarders. There is also a clubhouse that contains a lounge, full kitchen and bathroom for clients use. An on-site Veterinary Clinic rounds out the amenities. The county has issued a special allowance for 90 horses on the acreages.
- ACREAGE AND DESCRIPTION
- The well- designed acreage is flat and tucked between an irrigation canal on the south and open space easement on the north. Water is serviced by a public water company with a special use permit. There are two septic systems on site. 3.88 acres are zoned commercial A-2 and 1 acre is zoned residential. Some of the acreage lies within a flood plain. No mineral rights convey.
Horse Facility Features
- Indoor Arena: The indoor arena measures 90’ x 160’. It is insulated, has halogen lighting and two overhead doors. The excellent footing is treated with Arena RX for dust control.
- Barn: The horse barn, totaling 7,000 square feet, is insulated and contains 25 stalls. 16 have outdoor runs and a few of the stalls are 12’x16’ instead of the typical 12’ x 12’ size. The barn also has a wide alleyway, grooming area, secure individual tack storage areas and an office. The barn has new windows and siding that were added in the past few months.
- Outdoor Arena: The arena is 160’ x 220’ and has new pipe fencing. The footing is groomed during the day and the arena is located away from the horse traffic areas to enable the horses to work without being distracted.
- Clubhouse: The Clubhouse is 840 square feet and contains a lounge, full kitchen, eating area, full bathroom and also an office, which could be used as a bedroom if the new owner would want to use the building as help housing.
- Fodder System: The Hydroponic heated and cooled fodder structure sits on the south west side of the property. The enclosed structure is covered by a poly quonset to help maintain proper temperatures. Currently the owners use barley seed for the fodder which sprouts and grows within 10 days.
- Outdoor Pens and Shelters: There are 52 outdoor pens with shelters. They can hold individual horses or panels can be removed be a shared pen. The runs vary in length from an average of 20’ and up to 30’.
- Veterinary Clinic: The on-site clinic structure is owned by the Veterinarian, but the pad it sits on is leased to the Clinic by the owners. The Veterinarian is a mobile vet, but there is a vet tech available most business hours.
- Equipment: The Equine Center will be sold as a turnkey business operation. Most all equipment (excluding a tractor and attachments) will convey with the property. All panels, watering and feeding items and miscellaneous equipment will remain. A list of equipment will be provided to buyers.
- Other Areas: There is trailer parking, a hay storage area, shavings storage, multiple turnouts, many secured individual tack storage areas, wash areas and a quarantine area for new horses. And finally, easy access across the road to the 164 acre Van Bibber Park, which allows horseback riding and is open to the public.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
5585 Indiana St, Golden, Jefferson County, Colorado