Rare 1880s historic farmhouse, tastefully and lovingly restored and upgraded, embraces the 21st century while honoring it's past. Grand, fall-colored, tree-lined entrance to the 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath homestead and equestrian facility. 2 car detached garage, 8 stall barn (w/ bathroom and office), 80' x 150' riding arena, 50' round pen, shop (w/ bathroom) and additional equipment building. Picturesque 75-acre property with large, cross fenced pastures (w/ shelters), ~40 acres of mixed hardwood forest, with 1300ft of year-round trout stream running through the property and a spring fed pond. Home thoughtfully renovated to current construction standards with new metal roofing, electrical and plumbing, heating/air conditioning, fireplace insert, landscape sprinklers and more. Photos and virtual tour show the quality touches and attention to period restoration. Property potential is endless. Buyer to investigate equestrian B&B, event center, wedding locale, equine clinician retreat, and/or boarding. Property has been an Equestrian B&B in the past.
Town of Brownsville has a local small plane airport (Brownsville Aero Pines Airport) and Sutter Health Clinic both less than 3 miles from the property.
Watch the video
- 4 bedroom, 2 full baths, 1 powder room
- Majestic, mature tree lined driveway with beautiful fall colors
- House set 633' back from Willow Glen Rd.
- Original refinished madrone hardwood floors
- Completely rewired and replumbed to modern construction standards
- Custom cabinetry with real hardwood butcher block countertops
- All new appliances from Bosch and Jenn-Air
- Custom sculptured etched glass entry sidelights
- New Accent lighting throughout
- New Laundry room with utility sink
- New fireplace insert with blower
- New 50 year metal roof in 2015
- New multi zoned central heat/air conditioning
- New Whole house fan
- Whole House Automatic Propane backup generator
- New landscape sprinkler system
- Newly painted inside and out
- Marble tile bathroom with steam shower in Master
- Marble tile bathroom with original claw foot tub for our Guests
- Digital Path High Speed Internet (up to 10Mb/s)
- City water to house, barn and pasture waterers
- Property is on a standard septic system
- 75+ total acres with Year Round Creek running for over 1,100ft within the property boundary
- Approximately 35 acres of level pasture
- Approximately 40 acres of mixed conifer forest
- Several large pastures, fenced and cross fenced with shelters and drinking water to each
- Riding trails right on the property with many more just across the creek that will need work to bring back online
- Abundance of mature trees on property including some of the best fall colors to be found in this part of the Sierra Foothills
- Small spring fed wildlife pond that finds plenty of happy ducks, frogs and songbirds throughout the year
- A shallow Ag Well has a 3gpm solar pump connected to it for providing water to the arena and much of the landscaping, as needed. The Ag Well also has a 3,000 gallon storage tank attached to it and is plumbed to help fill the pond too, if desired
- Elevation 2100 ft.
Horse Facility Features
- Horse Barn is an eight stall structure, with each stall measuring 12ft x 12ft. Each stall has an automatic waterer. There is a feed room, an office and a bathroom here too. There is also 6 tack lockers for your horses or those that are coming to visit or board.
- Arena is 80ft x 150ft with rain bird sprinklers around it for footing maintenance and dust control. The sprinklers here are serviced by the solar well pump. There are 3 gates for equipment access and the entire arena is framed with green Power Creek panels.
- Round Pen is 50ft in size and has pipe rail panels framing it.
- Workshop is 37ft x 44ft in size and is completely finished. Cement flooring, wood stove and a half bath too. Could easily park two vehicles in here and we use one area of this shop as a dedicated garage to park a spare car. 220v Wiring and room for all the tools and machinery needed to run the property or for other business endeavors. Previous owners used the shop for extensive wood working.
- Large Ag Building is 40ft x 60ft with a 30ft x 60ft attached shed parking area for farm vehicles and implements. This barn was at one time used as part of the "Brownsville Barn" feed store run by the previous owners some thirty years back. This building is steel framed and built to last. We have used it for some of our indoor horse training workshops on occasion and it is also a great place to store large quantities of hay, to park or store trailers and for any other ranch related supplies. As you can see from the listing photos, I have plenty of room to park and maneuver my large truck and SUV in here.
- 2 Car Detached Garage to the northwest of the house. Was originally planned to be a part of a caretakers cottage by prior owners of the property. Power and septic are in place at the garage and this area has its own private access to McCrank Lane.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
16779 Willow Glen Rd, Challenge-Brownsville, Yuba County, California