John Andreini's JL Ranch is a well-known and respected working Quarter Horse Market Breeding Facility and cattle ranch located in the peaceful country paradise of Paicines, California. Surrounded by native grass covered mountains adorned with sprawling oaks and fields of wild oats, JL Ranch is comprised of 2,270± acres under Williamson Act Contract.
Offering a carrying capacity of 90 cow/calf pairs for year-round grazing, JL Ranch also includes 80± acres farmed to oats. Irrigation, stock and domestic water is supplied via two wells, three springs, and the San Benito River. JL Ranch is a true equestrian utopia whose improvements include multiple barns, rolling horse pastures, a race track, training pen, hot walker, vet facility and roping arena. JL Ranch is further complemented by lodging for ranch workers and a main house complete with swimming pool, guest quarters and helipad.
Further, JL Ranch offers many recreational attributes and would be an ideal location for evelopment into a corporate retreat center.
Watch the video
- JL Ranch is improved with eight homes composed of a main residence, ranch manager’s residence, and several dwellings for guests and employees.
- The main residence is an eye-catching, 4-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom ranch home encompassing 4,500± square feet with plentiful windows on every wall offering picturesque views of the stunning countryside. There is also a detached 3-car garage that includes an apartment. The main residence is completed with a pool and a 400± square foot pool house.
- The ranch manager’s home is a fetching log home comprising 1,975± square feet. The attractive home includes 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, loft and detached garage which mirrors the log-house-style of the home.
- The stage stop dwelling comprises 1,320±sqaure feet with three bedrooms and one bathroom. Adjacent to this dwelling is a 264± square foot apartment.
- A cinderblock dwelling is positioned near the hay barn and racetrack and encompasses 1,300± square feet. JL Ranch is further improved with two single-wide mobile homes, (one with an addition) and a double-wide mobile home, which has an adjacent, detached garage, each offering additional employee lodging.
- JL Ranch comprises 2,270± acres zoned AR, the San Benito County designation for Agricultural Rangeland. Generally, this zoning allows agriculture uses, grazing, and land in its natural state. For specific uses, please refer to San Benito County Public Works.
- JL Ranch is under Williamson Act Contract, which offers land owners reduced property tax assessments in exchange for maintaining agricultural or open space related uses. The 2018/2019 property taxes for the Ranch were approximately $31,350.
Horse Facility Features
- JL Ranch is a working Quarter Horse Market Breeding Facility with extensive equestrian facilities.
- The office is a handsome 676± square foot building conveniently located near the equestrian facilities, providing generous space to conduct Ranch related business.
- There are two 2,160± square foot, Barn Master barns which each include ten-12 foot by 12 foot stalls. There is also one MD Barns containing four-12 foot by 12 foot stalls each, a second MD Barn contains three-12 foot by 12 foot stalls and a tack room. The main barn comprises 2,160± square feet and also includes nine-12 foot by 12 foot stalls and a tack room.
- The cowboy barn comprises 2,208± square feet and includes tack room, stocks, wash rack and two-12 foot by 24 foot foaling stalls. The mare motel is an open structure comprising 5,184± square feet and includes eighteen-16 foot by 18 foot stalls.
- Additionally, there is a roping arena, cutting pen, corrals, a covered, 50-foot round pen, a six-horse hot walker, and a lagoon encircled by a race track.
- 30 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1989 Old Hernandez Rd, Paicines, San Benito County, California