A unique equestrian small holding. Quality throughout describes this exceptional Property, Home, Stables, Outbuildings and infrastructure, all located within a few minutes of Saratoga beach on the east coast of Vancouver Island. A beautifully re-modeled 4 bedroom home overlooks the 2.58 fully fenced acres, with the Stables and outbuildings quietly adjacent. The Stables are outstanding, containing 4 generous stalls with excellent lighting and ventilation, a tack room and heated office. Outbuildings include two large, almost new work/storage Shops, used also for equipment and extra hay. The Riding arena, together with the Paddocks and Pastures were all professionally landscaped and re-surfaced down to the hardpan allowing for excellent drainage and surface conditions. This unique, easy to maintain horse orientated property is located within a short distance of many trails and riding destinations, the beach and river. Additional information is available by visiting realtor.ca search MLS#461817 - PRICE IS IN CANADIAN DOLLARS!
- This is a very attractive equestrian holding, it will attract members of the riding community who are looking for a property of absolute Quality, combined with minimum maintenance and effort located in a delightful recreational region.
- The property is located approximately half way between Courtenay/Comox to the south and Campbell River to the north in the Comox Valley on the east coast of Vancouver Island. Within a few minutes’ drive is one of the most desirable recreational areas on the island, Saratoga beach.
- This superb area offers two year-round Marinas, the Oyster River, a safe sandy beach, the Golf Course, great local shopping including a medical Centre, several local Parks and approximately 30 minutes away, Mount Washington Ski Resort.
- The property is also just 15 minutes (drive) from the Williams Beach Trails, and 3 minutes from Bear Creek Regional Park with many beautiful riding paths by the Oyster River. Bear Creek Ranch, which offers riding lessons and an indoor ring and is just a 3-minute drive away.
- The Home 2,289 sqft with approximately $100,000 recently spent on improvements. Kitchen – Eating Nook – Family Room – Flooring etc.
- First (main) floor 1,392 sqft – Features include ¾ inch Jatoba solid hardwood flooring throughout the Grand Room, Dining area, entrance and Bedroom/office, closets and storage, with solid grouted vinyl within the open plan Kitchen, nook and Family room. The Family room, overlooking the lawns and pasture includes a wood-stove insert, also double French doors opening onto the 47 x 18 ft rear deck. The deck has a concrete foundation, pressure treated joists, composite (long life) decking, lighted posts and a magnificent hand-crafted Gazebo.
- The upper floor contains the Master bedroom, again overlooking the pasture, a walk-in closet, and the ensuite with an oversized shower, a two-sink vanity, plus the soaker tub with a low window (see photograph), together with a built-in flat screen television on the end wall. Two additional bedroom and a four-piece bathroom are on this level with again, hardwood flooring throughout.
- There are three types of heating: the woodstove electric baseboards and a Heat Pump.
- Fully Fenced with Pasture
- 80' x 200' Arena
- There is approximately 1.5 acres in seeded pasture which is used by the horses through the spring, summer and autumn months. This area was excavated down to hard-pan and all organic material removed from the property.
- The pasture and arena are sloped towards the non-fish bearing ditch for maximum drainage. The pasture is seeded to orchard grass and is limed and fertilized twice yearly. No herbicides are used. The pasture is fully fenced with posts, page wire and electric tape together with some 6ft chain linked fencing.
- There is a small area of woodland providing shading for the horses during the summer months.
- First workshop is 24’ x 36’ft, with a concrete floor, two double automatic overhead doors. There is electricity and a work bench. This is used for additional hay storage and equipment. It is metal sided with a metal roof, gutters and snow stops.
- The 2nd outbuilding measures 20 x 24ft. There is no electricity, but with a concrete floor, and a small mezzanine for extra storage, again with metal siding and metal roofing snow stops and gutters.
Horse Facility Features
- The 4 Stall Horse Barn/Stables 36ft x 48ft
- Features include: Metal siding and roof with snow stops and gutters. Solid interior insulated ceiling with fans to keep cool in the summer and warmer in winter.
- The 4 stalls are 12’ X 12’, with automatic waterers, gated sliding doors, rubber matting over drained concrete, individual lighting and are wired for close captured cameras. The Barn includes a separate storage for hay, a heated tack room, a wash bay with hot water and drainage, and a heated office with separate entrance, a built-in desk, book cases, TV and a sink.
- Main Barn access is by way of an overhead electric door on the east end and a sliding door leading to the paddocks and Arena on the west.
- The flooring is drained concrete with approximately 2/3rds of the centre isle being rubber matted.
- Power is by way of armored wiring and provides exceptional lighting throughout the entire barn. Two stalls lead out into their own paddocks. All paddocks are sand paddocks which were professionally excavated to hard-pan and filled with a “gravel” layer, then “road fabric”, and repeated twice in alternate layers, drainage piping added and then sand.
- The roof water, close paddocks and the Barn floor drainage is piped away into the fields. The paddocks and the entire barn perimeter include motion sensor lighting.
- The horse fencing is posts and electric taping (Horseguard Canada), meaning that it is self-grounded, very simple but effective and easily replaced in sections. This exceptional Barn is a favorite of farriers and veterinarians due to its excellent lighting and ventilation.
- Riding Arena 80 x 200 ft
- The all-weather Riding Arena was professionally excavated down to hard pan, sloped for effective draining, filled with packed gravel, and then 4-5” of sand. It is enclosed with black powder coated chain linked fencing and electric taping and posts.
- The two road sides have elevated sand-filled “beds” with treated poles to prevent erosion and an automatic irrigated cedar privacy hedge.
- 15 miles
- 1 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
2454 Emmerson Road, Black Creek, Comox Valley County, British Columbia