Powell Ranch sits on a plateau providing 360° views, with 538 deeded acres and an additional 2,200 acres leased from the state for grazing. Designed by architect Bill Otwell, the 5,365 SF Santa Fe style main home with 3BR/3.5BA, office and media room is constructed of 18” thick adobe walls covered with cement plaster. The 9’+ ceilings are unique - lined with slender Aspen poles above giant pine beams, and there are 4 fireplaces, 3 fountains & lush landscaping. An 1,066 SF guesthouse has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen and living room with fireplace. There is a 2,200 SF detached garage/workshop with AC/heat with an epoxy floor covering that fits 3 cars and an RV, storage, workshop and a half-bath. Equestrian facilities include a large arena, 4 outdoor stalls/corrals w/auto water (3 are shaded),a 3,800 SF covered hay storage area, tack room, horse wash, and a 60’ round breaking pen. The property is very energy efficient with a solar power system.
Watch the video
- Designed by noted architect Bill Otwell, the 5,365 SF Santa Fe style main home is constructed of 18” thick adobe walls covered with cement plaster that never needs painting. The cobbled flagstone circle drive provides a grand entrance to the property. Through the front gate is a lushly planted courtyard with a fountain that provides a very relaxing entry.
- There is a chef’s kitchen with counter-top dining in addition to dine-in space, and the formal dining area, living room and wet bar create an enormous open concept space off the main entrance. The 9’+ ceilings, lined with slender Aspen poles above giant pine beams, can be found throughout the home.
- A separate master suite includes a bath with wide-open views to the exterior, a fireplace, an exit to the covered rear patio and a second exit to a screened porch with automatic sun shades. There are two additional bedrooms, each with a bath, an inside laundry room with a sink, a half-bath, ample storage and an oversized attached garage with built-in storage cabinets and direct access to the home.
- The large media room is located off the main entrance. Just outside the office is a secluded patio with a fountain, lush landscaping, and unobstructed views past the lawn to the nearby mountains. There are numerous other outdoor entertainment areas including an enormous covered patio with fireplace and automatic sunshades, a separate outdoor entertainment area with fireplace and spa, and a patio area off the kitchen with a fountain and BBQ.
- The 1,100 SF guesthouse has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room with a fireplace, and covered parking for 4 cars. In addition, there is a 2,200 SF detached garage with an epoxy floor covering, AC/heat, parking for 3 cars and an RV, storage areas, workshop and a half-bath. Outside the garage is an additional covered area for vehicles or equipment that is gated. The property is very energy efficient with a solar power system has a total capacity of 27.2 kilowatts, and there is a back-up generator for the main home.
- Powell Ranch sits on a plateau that provides 360° views of valleys and mountains, with 535 deeded acres plus 2,246 contiguous acres leased from the state of Arizona for grazing, all of which are fenced. There is a combination of natural desert and lushly landscaped grounds around the main home. You will see deer, rabbits and other wildlife in the beautiful natural desert and quail and butterflies in the lushly planted grounds surrounding the main home.
Horse Facility Features
- Equestrian facilities include a large arena, corrals, a well and an area that was formerly used as a polo field on the southern edge of the property. Near the main home and guesthouse are 4 outdoor stalls with corrals and auto water systems, 3 of which are shaded. In addition, there is a 3,800 SF covered hay storage area, a large tack room with saddle racks and a refrigerator, a large indoor storage area, a horse wash, and a 60’ round breaking pen.
- 6 miles
- 7 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
19920 Verdi Hills Dr, Wickenburg, Yavapai County, Arizona