Surrounded by the Walthour-Moss Foundation (4000 acres of riding trails) a secluded equestrian country estate is located in the midst of a horse lover’s paradise. The brick and cedar home, stables, equipment/shop & storage buildings blend serenely into the surrounding landscape, overlooking the spring-fed stocked lake. Built on three levels, the home is warm, inviting, great for entertaining large groups. State-of-the-art turnkey equestrian complex consists of 25 + acres, stables, 2-bedroom apt, workshop/equipment storage, 90'x225' covered arena, and X-Country course, and is within 20 minutes of 40 world-class golf courses—including Pinehurst No. 2. Nearby facilities include Moore County Airport for corporate jets, First Health Hospital, Carolina Horse Park, and the Moore County Hounds.
- Surrounded by the Walthour-Moss Foundation (4000 acres of riding trails) a secluded equestrian country estate is located in the midst of a horse lover’s paradise. The brick and cedar home, stables, equipment/shop & storage buildings blend serenely into the surrounding landscape, overlooking the spring-fed stocked lake. Built on three levels, the home is warm, inviting, great for entertaining large groups. State-of-the-art turnkey equestrian complex consists of 25 + acres, stables, 2-bedroom apt, workshop/equipment storage, 90'x225' covered arena, and X-Country course, and is within 20 minutes of 40 world-class golf courses—including Pinehurst No. 2. Nearby facilities include Moore County Airport for corporate jets, First Health Hospital, Carolina Horse Park, and the Moore County Hounds.
- Enter the beautiful tree-lined driveway & leave your cares behind. Post and rail-fenced paddocks lead to a trio of buildings designed by Decker & Kemp of Chicago...surrounded by Bermuda grass pastures for grazing, rolling topography great for conditioning, and a beautiful 3-acre lake, which is ideal for fishing enthusiasts. The luxury home was completed in 1998 with great attention to detail and sited to blend seamlessly into the surrounding landscape.
- The main floor consists of a limestone foyer, formal living and dining rooms (leading to a large patio for entertaining), butler's pantry, kitchen with 4-oven AGA cooker, informal dining, family room, wet bar, powder room, office/den, master bedroom w/loggia, master bath, and laundry room in the large walk-in closet. The upper floor has 3 bedrooms with bathrooms ensuite, guest laundry, artist's gallery, library, breakfast bar, and project room. The lower level helps greatly when entertaining large groups. There's a caterer's kitchen, full bath, game/exercise room with wet bar and a large storage room, (wired for home theatre)â€”or it could easily become a mother-in-law suite.
- Below the house, a lovely brick gazebo looks out over a 20' x 40' oval pool surrounded by Italian frost-proof tile and mature gardens. Outdoor speakers and curved, coach-lit lattice brick walls add elegance and interest to the space. 2,500 sq. ft. entertaining terrace can easily be accessed from the drive, home or from lower level and pool. The direct-connection for a propane-fired grill, and the herb garden outside the kitchen, along with beautiful plantings and views of the pool above the pond make this a fabulous space for entertaining.
- The well thought out brick & cedar center aisle stable has an open, airy feel. Eight (8) 12'x12' rubber matted stalls each have a Nelsonâ„¢ automatic waterer, hay drop, electrical outlet, and separate light switch. Stall grills, gates and doors are by Lucas Equine Equipment of Lexington, KY. Full-thickness Pavesafeâ„¢ rubber brick aisle, with drains, gives a measure of comfort and safety for both horse and human, and there's an automatic generator to ensure comfort in case of a power outage.
- Upstairs in barn is a 2-bedroom apartment, with hardwood flooring, living room, eat-in kitchen, with Corian countertops, dishwasher, gas range, ceramic-tiled split bath, and separate tiled laundry room. Bedrooms are carpeted. Ceiling fans throughout, along wth DSL, and satellite TV. The hayloft will hold 2 full semi-trailer loads of hay.
- Also available for purchase is an additional 25 acres with cross country course. Options for all levels from green to advanced and you can ride with the Moore County Hounds, or simply hack in the surrounding Walthour-Moss Foundation to your heart's content.
- The 3-level 6,750 sq ft workshop and equipment storage building, cleverly nestled into a hillside, has 2 half baths, heating and AC, and part of the 2,750 sq. ft upper level is plumbed for kitchen, full bath and laundry to add yet another living space. The middle level houses a 1250 sq. ft workshop and approximately 1,500 sq. ft of equipment storage. The lower level, currently used for storage, could easily become a bank barn or run-in shed.
- Additionally, there is an indoor drive-thru storage for motor home or horse van, with 15' ceiling and power doors.
- This turnkey equestrian property was custom-designed putting the horses first! The state-of-the-art equestrian complex consists of 25+ acres, stables, a 2-bedroom apartment, and a (90'x225') covered sand arena (with additional 25 acres and Cross-Country course available for purchase)â€”providing a unique combination of training facilities. Top-level trainers in all disciplines of equestrian endeavor are available in the Sandhills. Equine veterinarians, dentists, farriers, tack stores, hay and feed stores, training centers, breeders, massage therapists and chiropractors to keep your equines happy and healthy are all located nearby. Your horses will love this home!
Horse Facility Features
- The office/tack, tack cleaning, blanket/laundry, feed, and powder rooms are all climate controlled. The beautiful cedar tack room has a 21' ceiling, hardwood flooring, wood-burning fireplace, kitchenette, large built-in desk with plenty of file cabinets, saddle and bridle closets, and tons of storage. The 2 ceramic block wash/groom stalls have hot/cold water, heat lamps, ventilating fans, and central vac for grooming; great for clipping, vet, and farrier too! 'Fly predators' have been in use for many years, so the farm is nearly bug-free! However, if you prefer, a Pyranha Fly control system is in place. Additionally, you will enjoy custom built-in feed bins, deep-sinks, refrigerator, and plenty of storage for medicines and supplements, four closets for blankets and pads, as well as an 8'x12' storage closet for everything else!
- Brick shavings bin will hold a large load of shavings, and the conveniently located brick and cement manure pit eliminates the need for ramps! Large Bermuda grass pastures are fenced in post and rail, and it's hard to beat the 90'x225' covered, lighted sand arena.
- 17 miles
- 10 miles
- 6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
3000 Lakebay Rd, Vass, Moore County, North Carolina